• First-In, First-Out memory module
• 2K x 9 organization (IDT7M203S)
• 4K x 9 ()rganization (IDT7M204S)
• ,-ow-power consumption
• Asynchronous and simultaneous read and write
• Fully expandable by both word depth and/or bit width
• Assembled with IDT's high-reliability vapor phase solder reflow
• Single SV (±10%) power supply
• Master/slave multiprocessing applications
• Bidirectional and rate buffer applications
• Empty and full warning flags
• High-performance CEMOS·· technology
• Pin compatible with IDT7201 and Mostek MK4501, but with four
times word depth (IDT7M203S) or eight times (IDT7M204S)
• Module available with semiconductor components 100%
screened to MIL-STD-883, Class B
GNO -L_ _ _ _.....J"- R
The IDT7M203/204 are FIFO memory modules that utilize a
special First-In, First-Out algorithm that loads and empties data
on a first-in, first-out basis. The device uses full and empty flags
to prevent data overflow and underflow and expansion logic to
allow for unlimited expansion capability in both word size and
The reads and writes are internally sequential through the use
of ring pointers, with no address information required to load and
unload data. Data is toggled in and out of the device through the
use of the WRITE (W) and READ (R) pins. The device has a
read/write cycle time of 65ns (15MHz) for commercial and 70ns
(14MHz) for military temperature ranges.
The device utilizes a 9-bit wide data array to allow for control
and parity bits at the user's option. This feature is especially
useful in data communications applications where it is necessary
to use a parity bit for transmission/reception error checking.
The IDT7M203/204 are constructed on a multi-layered ceramic
substrate using four IDT7201 (S12x9) or four IDT7202 (1 Kx9)
FIFOs in leadless chip carriers. Extremely high speeds are
achieved in this fashion due to the use of IDT7201 s and IDT7202s
fabricated in IDT's high-performance CEMOS technology.
IDT's military FI FO modules have semiconductor components
100% processed to the test methods of MIL-STD-883, Class B,
making them ideally suited to applications demanding the
highest level of performance and reliability.
FUNCTIONAL BLOCK DIAGRAM
EF -Ka~g======~==:=l_ _
OUAL 4-INPUT OR GATE
QEMOS is a trademark of Integrated Device Technology, Inc.
MILITARY AND COMMERCIAL TEMPERATURE RANGES
Cl 1986 Integrated Device Technology, Inc.
Printed in U.S.A.