• First-In, First-Out memory module
• 8Kx 9 organization (IDT7M205)
• 16K x 9 organization (IDT7M206)
• Low power consumption
-Active: 900mW (typ.)
-Power Down: 50mW (typ.)
• Asynchronous and simultaneous read and write
• Fully expandable by both word depth and/or bit width
• Assembled with IDT's high-reliability vapor phase solder
• Single 5V (±10%) power supply
• Ml\ster/slave multiprocessing applications
• Bidirectional and rate buffer applications
• Empty and full warning flags
• High-performance CEMOS'· technology
• Pin compatible with IDT7201 and Mostek MK4501, but with
16 times word depth (IDT7M205) or 32 times (IDT7M206)
• Module available with semiconductor components 100%
screened to MIL-STD-883, Class B
The IDT7M205/206 are FIFO memory modules constructed on
a multi-layered ceramic substrate using four IDT7203 (2K x 9) or
four IDT7204 (4Kx 9) FIFOs in lead less chip carriers. Extremely
high speeds are achieved in this fashion due to the use of
IDT7203s and IDT7204s fabricated in IDT's high-performance
CEMOS technology. These devices utilize a special First-In,
First-Out algorithm that loads and empties data on a first-in,
first-out basis. The device uses full and empty flags to prevent
data overflow and underflow and expansion logic to allow for
unlimited expansion capability in both word size and depth.
The reads and writes are internally sequential through the use
of ring pointers, with no address information required to load and
unload data. Data is toggled in and out of the device through the
use of the WRITE (VIi) and READ (Fi) pins. The devices have a
read/write cycle time of 75ns (13MHz) for commercial and 80ns
(12.5MHz) for military temperature ranges.
The devices utilize a 9-bit wide data array to allow for control
and parity bits at the user's option. This feature is especially
useful in data communications applications where it is necessary
to use a parity bit for transmission/reception error checking.
IDT's military FIFO modules have semiconductor components
100% processed to the test methods of MIL-STD-883, Class B,
making them ideally suited to applications demanding the
highest level of performance and reliability.
FUNCTIONAL BLOCK DIAGRAM
~~nL... XI IT
DUAL 4-INPUT OR GATE
'- X.!.... ~~
CEMOS is a trademark of Integrated Device Technology, Inc.
MILITARY AND COMMERCIAL TEMPERATURE RANGES
@1986 Integrated Device Technology. Inc.
Printed in the U.S.A.