P6SMB6.8A THRU P6SMB550A
Surface Mount Transient Voltage Suppressors Diodes
* For surface mounted application
* Low profile package
* Buit-in strain relief
* Glass passivated junction
* Excellent clamping capability
* Fast response time: typically less than 1.0ps
from 0 volts to BV min
* Typical IR less than 1μA above 10V
* High temperature soldering:
260℃/10 seconds at terminals
* Plastic material used carries underwriters
laboratory flammability classifications 94V-0
Package Outline Dimensions in inches (millimeters)
* Case: Molded plastic
* Terminals: Solder plated
* Polarity: Indicated by cathode band
* Standard Packaging: 12mm tape per EIA STD RS-481
Maximum Ratings and Electrical Characteristics
Rating at 25 ℃ ambient temperature unless otherwise specified. Single phase, half wave, 60 Hz, resistive or inductive load.
For capacitive load, derate current by 20%.
Peak Power Dissipation at TA=25℃, TP=1ms(Note1)
Steady state power dissipation
PD 3 Watts
Peak forward surge current, 8.3 ms single half sine-wave
superimposed on rated load
Maximum instantaneous forward voltage at 50 A for
Unidirectional only (Note 2)
Typical thermal resistance
Operating and Storage Temperature Range
-55 to +150
Note:1、Non-repetitive current pulse per Fig.3 and debated above TA=25℃ per Fig.2.
2、VF=3.5V on P6SMB6.8 thru P6SMB91 Devices and VF=5.0V on P6SMB100 thru P6SMB550 Device.
Devices for Bipolar Applications
1、For bidirectional use C or CA suffix for types P6SMBJ6.8 thru types P6SMBJ550A.
2、Electrical characteristics apply in both directions.