Sub GHz band wireless transmitter IC
Issue Date: Apr. 16, 2014
ML7386/ML7386B are a low power RF transmitter IC for narrowband system. It includes RF part, MOD part and
HOST interface part in single-chip. It supports various frequency band from 200 MHz to 972 MHz. It is possible to
use as wireless alarm and security systems, low power telemetory and industrial remote control systems.
ML7386 supports only 10mW mode. ML7386B supports both 10mW and 1mW mode.
• Support 200 MHz to 972 MHz operation. (*1)
• Support narrow band systems with channel spacing of 12.5 or 25 kHz
• High accurate modulation implemented by direct modulation scheme using fractional-N PLL
• Multiple modulation scheme : 2-FSK/MSK
• Data speed : 2400/4800/7200 bps (NRZ coding)
Extended data rate function can set 1.2kbps to 100kbps (NRZ coding) (*1)
• Supports NRZ code and Manchester code
In case of using Manchester code, DCLK frequency becomes half to NRZ coding case.
• Programmable frequency deviation: ±0.6kHz to ±100kHz (*1)
• Configurable data polarity
• On chip oscillation cell: 16MHz to 36MHz (*1)
• Support direct input from TCXO: 16MHz to 36MHz (*1)
• Frequency trimming function (Fractional-N PLL architecture enables fine tuning of synthsizer frequency)
• Synchronous serial peripheral interface (SPI)
• Built in voltage regulated Power Amp (PA) and power control function
ML7386 suppoers 10mW mode only
ML7386B supports 10mW and 1mW mode.
• Test Pattern generation (PN9, CW, 0/1, all-1, all-0 pattern)
• Power supply voltage : 2.0 V to 3.6V (10mW mode)
1.8 V to 3.6V (1mW mode )
• Operating temperature -40 to +85 ˚C
• Power consumption (tentative)
Deep Sleep Mode 0.03 uA (Typ.) (Register non-retain)
0.3 uA (Typ) (Register retain)
0.25 mA (Typ) (Oscillator cell OFF)
1.0 mA (Typ.) (Transmitter OFF)
23.8 mA (Typ.) (TCXO mode)
6.4 mA (Typ.) (TCXO mode)
28 pin WQFN 4.0mm x 4.0mm x 0.8mm
Pb free, RoHS compliant
*1: These specifications show the setting range base on the ML7386 and ML7386B function.
Performance is guaranteed under the condition specified in “Performance guarantee condition”
If using ML7386 and ML7386B under the condition not specified in “Performance guarantee condition”,
evaluation and confirmation should be required under user specific condition.