38V Synchronous Buck for LED Driver
The MA5603 is a monolithic synchronous buck regulator, and step-down converter designed
for driving up to 10 series white LEDs from a 38V system input. The total LED driving current up
to 2.5A , which is measured through an external current sense resistor. Its low 200mV feedback
voltage reduces power loss and improves efficiency. The MA5603 includes current limit, short
circuit protection and thermal shutdown protection preventing damage.
An internal soft-start prevents inrush current at turn-on, This device, available in an
SOP8L-EP(Exposed pad) package, provides a very compact solution with minimal external
- Wide 8V to 38V Operating Input Range
- Integrated two 140mΩ Power MOSFET Switches
- Feedback Voltage : 200mV
- Internal Soft-Start / VFB Over Voltage Protection
- Stable with Low ESR Ceramic Output Capacitors
- Fixed 240KHz Frequency
- Current Limit , Thermal Shutdown and Short Circuit Protections (SCP).
- Input Under/Over Voltage Lockout
ILED=VFB /RSET=0.2V/0.6Ω=0.330A , VFB = 0.2V.
Major Power Technology Co., Ltd.
Rev.0.2 Jul.16, 2014