32V Low-Side Dual MOSFET Drivers
The MIC4478, MIC4479, and MIC4480 are low-side dual
MOSFET drivers are designed to switch N-channel
enhancement type MOSFETs from TTL-compatible control
signals for low-side switch applications. The MIC4478 is
dual non-inverting, the MIC4479 is dual inverting, and the
MIC4480 is complimentary non-inverting and inverting.
These drivers feature short delays and high peak currents
to produce precise edges and rapid rise and fall times.
The MIC4478/4479/4480 are powered from a +4.5V to
+32V supply voltage. The on-state gate drive output
voltage is approximately equal to the supply voltage (no
internal regulators or clamps).
In a low-side configuration, the drivers can control a
MOSFET that switches any voltage up to the rating of the
MOSFET. The MIC4478/4479/4480 are available in the 8-
lead SOIC (ePAD and non-ePAD) package and are rated
for the –40°C to +125°C ambient temperature range.
Datasheets and support documentation are available on
Micrel’s web site at: www.micrel.com.
• +4.5V to +32V operation
• 300µA typical supply quiescent current
• 2.5A nominal peak output per channel
− 6Ω high-side typical output resistance
− 3Ω low-side typical output resistance
• Active-high driver enable inputs with internal pull-ups
• Operates with low-side switch circuits
• –40°C to +125°C ambient temperature range
• ESD protection
• Dual inverting, dual non-inverting, and inverting + non-
• 8-pin SOIC (ePAD and non-ePAD)
• Synchronous switch-mode power supplies
• Secondary side synchronous rectification
Micrel Inc. • 2180 Fortune Drive • San Jose, CA 95131 • USA • tel +1 (408) 944-0800 • fax + 1 (408) 474-1000 • http://www.micrel.com
December 9, 2014