1N957B-1 – 1N992B-1
Silicon 500 mW Zener Diodes
Qualified per MIL-PRF-19500/117
The popular 1N957B-1 through 1N992B-1 series of 0.5 watt Zener voltage regulators provides
a selection from 6.8 to 200 volts in a standard 5%, 2% and 1% tolerance versions. These
axial-leaded glass DO-35 Zeners feature an internal metallurgical bond and are available in
military qualified and commercial RoHS compliant versions. Military qualified versions are
available on the 1N962B-1 through 1N992B-1 range of part numbers.
JAN, JANTX, and
Important: For the latest information, visit our website http://www.microsemi.com.
• JEDEC registered 1N957B to 1N992B number series.
• Internal metallurgical bond.
• *JAN, JANTX, and JANTXV qualifications are available per MIL-PRF-19500/117 for part numbers
1N962B-1 thru 1N992B-1.
• Upscreening is available in reference to MIL-PRF-19500 for the range of 1N957B-1 through
(See part nomenclature for all available options.)
• RoHS compliant versions available (commercial grade only).
APPLICATIONS / BENEFITS
• Regulates voltage over a broad operating current and temperature range.
• Extensive selection from 6.8 to 200 V.
• Standard voltage tolerance is ± 5% with optional tighter tolerances of ± 2% or 1%.
• Flexible axial-lead mounting terminals.
• Non-sensitive to ESD per MIL-STD-750 method 1020.
• Minimal capacitance.
• Inherently radiation hard as described in Microsemi MicroNote 050.
Operating and Storage Temperature
TJ and TSTG -65 to +175
Thermal Resistance Junction-to-Lead
@ .375 inch (9.53 mm) lead length from body
Thermal Resistance Junction-to-Ambient when
mounted on PCB (1)
Steady-State Power Dissipation
@ TL = +50°C .375 inch (9.53 mm) from body (2)
@ TA = 55°C mounted on PCB
PD 0.5 W
Forward Voltage @ IF = 200 mA
1N957 – 1N985
1N986 – 1N992
Solder Temperature @ 10 s
VF 1.1 V
TSP 260 oC
NOTES: 1. See figures 1 and 2 for derating curves. TA = +75°C on an FR4 PC board with 1 oz copper
2. Both ends of case or diode body to heat sink at L = .375 inch (9.53 mm). Derate IZ to 0.0 mA at
Also available in:
(MELF surface mount)
MSC – Lawrence
6 Lake Street,
Lawrence, MA 01841
Tel: 1-800-446-1158 or
Fax: (978) 689-0803
MSC – Ireland
Gort Road Business Park,
Ennis, Co. Clare, Ireland
Tel: +353 (0) 65 6840044
Fax: +353 (0) 65 6822298
T4-LDS-0287, Rev. 1 (121795)
©2012 Microsemi Corporation
Page 1 of 8