MOS INTEGRATED CIRCUIT
USB 2.0 HUB CONTROLLER
The µPD720112 is a USB 2.0 hub device that complies with the Universal Serial Bus (USB) Specification Revision
2.0 and works up to 480 Mbps. USB 2.0 compliant transceivers are integrated for upstream and all downstream ports.
The µPD720112 works backward compatible either when any one of the downstream ports is connected to a USB 1.1
compliant device, or when the upstream port is connected to a USB 1.1 compliant host.
Detailed function descriptions are provided in the following user’s manual. Be sure to read the manual before designing.
µPD720112 User’s Manual: S16617E
• Compliant with Universal Serial Bus Specification Revision 2.0 (Data Rate 1.5/12/480 Mbps)
• Certified by USB implementers forum and granted the USB 2.0 high-speed Logo
• High-speed or full-speed packet protocol sequencer for Endpoint 0/1
• 4 (Max.) downstream facing ports
• All downstream facing ports can handle high-speed (480 Mbps), full-speed (12 Mbps), and low-speed (1.5
• Supports split transaction to handle full-speed and low-speed transaction on downstream facing ports when
Hub controller is working in high-speed mode.
• One Transaction Translator per Hub and supports four non-periodic buffers
• Supports self-powered and bus-powered mode
• Supports Over-current detection and Individual or ganged power control
• Supports configurable vendor ID, product ID, string descriptors and others with external Serial ROM
• Supports “non-removable” attribution on individual port
• Uses 30 MHz X’tal, or clock input
• Supports downstream port status with LED
• 2.5 V and 3.3 V power supplies
The information in this document is subject to change without notice. Before using this document, please
confirm that this is the latest version.
Not all products and/or types are available in every country. Please check with an NEC Electronics
sales representative for availability and additional information.
Document No. S16616EJ2V0DS00 (2nd edition)
Date Published September 2004 NS CP (N)
Printed in Japan
Free Datasheet http://www.Datasheet4U.com