MOS INTEGRATED CIRCUIT
4-BIT SINGLE-CHIP MICROCOMPUTER
The µPD75212A is a microcomputer with a CPU capable of 1-, 4-, and 8-bit data processing, ROM, RAM, I/O ports,
a fluorescent display tube controller/driver, a watch timer, a timer/pulse generator capable of outputting 14-bit PWM,
a serial interface and a vectored interrupt function integrated on a single-chip.
The µPD75212A is a version of the µPD75216A with a small ROM capacity (12K).
The µPD75212A uses the VCR, ECR and CD fluorescent display tubes as display devices and is most suitable for
applications requiring the timer/watch function and high-speed interrupt servicing. It can help to provide the unit
with many functions and to decrease performance costs.
Functions are described in detail in the following User’s Manual. Be sure to read when carrying out design work.
µPD75216A User’s Manual: IEM-988
• Architecture equal to that of an 8-bit microcomputer
• High-speed operation : Minimum instruction execution time : 0.95 µs (when operated at 4.19 MHz)
• Instruction execution time variable function realizing a wide range of operating voltages
• On-chip large-capacity program memory : 12K bytes
• Watch operation with an ultra low current consumption : 5 µA TYP. (at the 3 V operation)
• On-chip programmable fluorescent display tube controller/driver
• Timer function : 4 ch
• 14-bit PWM output capability with the voltage synthesizer type electronic tuner
• Buzzer output capability
• Interrupt function with importance attached to applications
• For power-off detection
• For remote controlled reception
• Product with an on-chip PROM : µPD75P216A, µPD75P218 (on-chip EPROM : WQFN package)
VCR, CD player, ECR, etc.
Document No. IC-2584D
(O. D. No. IC-7552D)
Date Published February 1994 P
Printed in Japan
The information in this document is subject to change without notice.
The mark 5 shows major revised points.
© NEC Corporation 1990