Data sheet: Advance Information
Document Number: MC12XS6D4
Rev. 4.0, 11/2018
Dual 8.0 mOhm and dual 21 mOhm
The 12XS6 is the latest SMARTMOS achievement in automotive lighting drivers.
It belongs to an expanding family that helps to control and diagnose incandescent
lamps and light-emitting diodes (LEDs) with enhanced precision. It combines
flexibility through daisy chainable SPI 5.0 MHz, extended digital and analog
feedback, safety, and robustness.
Output edge shaping helps to improve electromagnetic performance. To avoid
shutting off the device upon inrush current, while still being able to closely track
the load current, a dynamic overcurrent threshold profile is featured. Current of
each channel can be sensed with a programmable sensing ratio. Whenever
communication with the external microcontroller is lost, the device enters a fail
operation mode, but remains operational, controllable, and protected.
This new generation of high-side switch products family 12XS6 facilitates ECU
design due to compatible MCU software and PCB foot prints for each device
• Dual 8.0 mΩ and dual 21 mΩ high-side switches with high transient current
• 16-bit 5.0 MHz SPI control of overcurrent profiles, channel control including
PWM duty-cycles, output On and Off openload detections, thermal shut-down
and prewarning, and fault reporting
• Output current monitoring with programmable synchronization signal and
battery voltage feedback
• Limp home mode
• External smart power switch control
• Operating voltage is 7.08 V to 18 V with sleep current < 5.0 µA, extended
mode from 6.08 V to 28 V
• -16 V reverse polarity and ground disconnect protections
• Compatible PCB foot print and SPI software driver among the family
QUAD HIGH-SIDE SWITCH
BEK SUFFIX (PB-FREE)
CEK SUFFIX (PB-FREE)
• Low-voltage automotive lighting
• Halogen lamps
• Incandescent bulbs
• Light-emitting diodes (LEDs)
• HID Xenon ballasts
IN VBAT OUT
Figure 1. Dual 8.0 mΩ and dual 21 mΩ simplified application diagram
*This document contains certain information on a new product.
Specifications and information herein are subject to change without notice.
© 2018 NXP B.V.