Compact non-dimmable LED driver IC
Rev. 5 — 3 October 2013
Product data sheet
1. General description
The SSL2109T is a high-voltage Integrated Circuit (IC) for driving LED lamps in general
The main benefits of this IC include:
• Small Printed-Circuit Board (PCB) footprint and compact solution
• High efficiency (up to 95 %) for non-dimmable high power factor solutions
• High power factor >0.9 (application dependent)
• Ease of integration and many protection features
• Low electronic Bill Of Material (BOM)
• Highly flexible IC for use in buck, buck/boost and flyback modes
• Single inductor used for non-isolated configurations because of internal
demagnetization detection and dV/dt supply
The IC is supplementary to the SSL21081/SSL21083 series but without an internal switch.
The IC has been designed to start up directly from the HV supply by an internal
high-voltage current source. Thereafter, the dV/dt supply is used with capacitive coupling
from the drain, or any other auxiliary supply. This functionality provides full flexibility in the
application design. An internal clamp limits the supply voltage.
The IC provides accurate output current control to within 5 % LED current accuracy. The
IC can be operated using Pulse-Width Modulation (PWM) current regulation and has
many protection features including easy LED temperature feedback.
2. Features and benefits
LED driver IC for driving strings of LEDs or high-voltage LED modules from a rectified
Part of a high-efficiency switch mode flyback or buck product family.
Driver-only which can drive an external MOSFET
Driver that has power-efficient boundary conduction mode of operation with:
No reverse recovery losses in freewheel diode
Zero Current Switching (ZCS) for switch turn-on
Zero voltage or valley switching for switch turn-off
Minimal required inductance value and size
Suitable for high power factor (>0.9) applications
Applicable in buck, buck/boost and flyback topologies