Medium-Power Plastic NPN
. . . designed for driver circuits, switching, and amplifier
applications. These high–performance plastic devices feature:
• Low Saturation Voltage —
VCE(sat) = 0.6 Vdc (Max) @ IC = 1.0 Amp
• Excellent Power Dissipation Due to Thermopad Construction —
PD = 30 W @ TC = 25_C
• Excellent Safe Operating Area
• Gain Specified to IC = 1.0 Amp
• Complement to PNP 2N4918, 2N4919, 2N4920
ÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎCollector Current — Continuous (1)
ÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎBase Current — Continuous
ÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎTotal Power Dissipation @ TC = 25_C
ÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎDerate above 25_C
ÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎOperating & Storage Junction
Symbol 2N4921 2N4922 2N4923
–65 to +150
ÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎTHERMAL CHARACTERISTICS (2)
ÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎÎThermalResistance, Junction to Case
(1) The 1.0 Amp maximum IC value is based upon JEDEC current gain requirements.
The 3.0 Amp maximum value is based upon actual current handling capability of the
device (see Figures 5 and 6).
(2) Recommend use of thermal compound for lowest thermal resistance.
*Indicates JEDEC Registered Data.
*ON Semiconductor Preferred Device
Preferred devices are ON Semiconductor recommended choices for future use and best overall value.
© Semiconductor Components Industries, LLC, 2002
April, 2002 – Rev. 10
Publication Order Number: