2-Kb and 4-Kb I2C Serial
EEPROM with Partial Array
The CAT24C03/05 is a 2−Kb/4−Kb CMOS Serial EEPROM device
organized internally as 16/32 pages of 16 bytes each, for a total of
256x8/512x8 bits. These devices support both Standard (100 kHz) as
well as Fast (400 kHz) I2C protocol.
Data is written by providing a starting address, then loading 1 to 16
contiguous bytes into a Page Write Buffer, and then writing all data to
non−volatile memory in one internal write cycle. Data is read by
providing a starting address and then shifting out data serially while
automatically incrementing the internal address count.
Write operations can be inhibited for upper half of memory by
taking the WP pin High.
External address pins make it possible to address up to eight
CAT24C03 or four CAT24C05 devices on the same bus.
• Supports Standard and Fast I2C Protocol
• 1.8 V to 5.5 V Supply Voltage Range
• 16−Byte Page Write Buffer
• Hardware Write Protection for Upper Half of Memory
• Schmitt Triggers and Noise Suppression Filters on I2C Bus Inputs
(SCL and SDA)
• Low Power CMOS Technology
• 1,000,000 Program/Erase Cycles
• 100 Year Data Retention
• Industrial Temperature Range
• These Devices are Pb−Free, Halogen Free/BFR Free and are RoHS
A2, A1, A0
Figure 1. Functional Symbol
PDIP (L), SOIC (W),
TSSOP (Y), TDFN (VP2)
VSS 4 5 SDA
A0, A1, A2
Device Address Inputs
Serial Data Input/Output
Serial Clock Input
Write Protect Input
See detailed ordering and shipping information in the package
dimensions section on page 14 of this data sheet.
© Semiconductor Components Industries, LLC, 2009
August, 2009 − Rev. 3
Publication Order Number: