Programmable 300 mA
Camera Flash LED Driver
The CAT3612 is a high−efficiency 1x/1.5x fractional charge pump
with programmable current in two LED channels. Each channel
delivers accurate regulated current up to 150 mA and make CAT3612
ideal for driving one or two flash LEDs.
Low noise operation is achieved by operating at a constant
switching frequency of 1 MHz which allows the use of small external
ceramic capacitors. The 1x/1.5x fractional charge pump supports a
wide range of input voltages from 3 V to 5.5 V with efficiency up to
90%, and is ideal for Li−Ion battery powered devices.
The EN/DIM logic input provides a 1−wire EZDimt interface for
dimming control of the LEDs. When enabled, pulsing the EN/DIM
reduces the LED current on each negative edge in 31 linear steps from
150 mA down to zero current.
The device is available in the tiny 12−lead thin DFN 3 mm x 3 mm
package with a max height of 0.8 mm.
• Dual Matched Regulated LED Channels
• 300 mA Output Current (150 mA per Channel)
• 1−wire EZDimt Programmable LED Current
• 32 Accurate Dimming Levels
• Power Efficiency up to 90%
• Fractional Pump 1x/1.5x
• Low Noise Input Ripple
• Fixed High Frequency Operation 1 MHz
• “Zero” Current Shutdown Mode
• Soft Start and Current Limiting
• Short Circuit Protection
• Thermal Shutdown Protection
• 12−lead TDFN 3 mm x 3 mm Package
• These Devices are Pb−Free, Halogen Free/BFR Free and are RoHS
• Camera Flash
• Cellular Phones
• Digital Still Cameras
HAAD = CAT3612HV2-T2
HAAF = CAT3612HV2-GT2
A = Assembly Location
XXX = Last Three Digits of Assembly Lot Number
Y = Production Year (Last Digit)
WW = Production Week (Two Digit)
Tape & Reel
(Pb−Free) Tape & Reel
1. Matte−Tin Plated Finish (RoHS−compliant).
2. NiPdAu Plated Finish (RoHS−compliant).
© Semiconductor Components Industries, LLC, 2010
April, 2010 − Rev. 2
Publication Order Number: