Ultra Low-Noise Low
Dropout Voltage Regulator
with 1V ON/OFF Control
The MC33761 is an Low DropOut (LDO) regulator featuring
excellent noise performances. Thanks to its innovative concept, the
circuit reaches an incredible 40µVRMS noise level without an
external bypass capacitor. Housed in a small SOT–23 5 leads–like
package, it represents the ideal designer’s choice when space and
noise are at premium.
The absence of external bandgap capacitor unleashes the response
time to a wake–up signal and makes it stay within 40µs (in repetitive
mode), pushing the MC33761 as a natural candidate in portable
The MC33761 also hosts a novel architecture which prevents
excessive undershoots when the regulator is the seat of fast transient
bursts, as in any bursting systems.
Finally, with a static line regulation better than –75dB, it naturally
shields the downstream electronics against choppy lines.
• Ultra low–noise: 150nV/√Hz @ 100Hz, 40µVRMS 100Hz – 100kHz
typical, Iout = 60mA, Co=1µF
• Fast response time from OFF to ON: 40µs typical at a 200Hz
• Ready for 1V platforms: ON with a 900mVhigh level
• Nominal output current of 80mA with a 100mA peak capability
• Typical dropout of 90mV @ 30mA, 160mV @ 80mA
• Ripple rejection: 70dB @ 1kHz
• 1.5% output precision @ 25°C
• Thermal shutdown
• Vout available from 2.5V to 5.0V
• Noise sensitive circuits: VCOs RF stages etc.
• Bursting systems (TDMA phones)
• All battery operated devices
PIN CONNECTIONS AND
xx = Version
YW = Date Code
*Load Transient Improvement
Simplified Block Diagram
This document contains information on a product under development. ON Semiconductor
reserves the right to change or discontinue this product without notice.
See detailed ordering and shipping information in the package
dimensions section on page 11 of this data sheet.
© Semiconductor Components Industries, LLC, 1999
November, 1999 – Rev. 0
Publication Order Number: