3.3V CMOS BUFFER/CLOCK DRIVER
COMMERCIAL AND INDUSTRIAL TEMPERATURE RANGE
• 0.5 MICRON CMOS Technology
• Guaranteed low skew < 500ps (max.)
• Very low duty cycle distortion < 1.0ns (max.)
• Very low CMOS power levels
• TTL compatible inputs and outputs
• Inputs can be driven from 3.3V or 5V components
• Two independent output banks with 3-state control
• 1:5 fanout per bank
• "Heartbeat" monitor output
• VCC = 3.3V ± 0.3V
• Available in SSOP, SOIC, and QSOP packages
FUNCTIONAL BLOCK DIAGRAM
The FCT3805 is a 3.3 volt, non-inverting clock driver built using
advanced dual metal CMOS technology. The device consists of two banks
of drivers, each with a 1:5 fanout and its own output enable control. The
device has a "heartbeat" monitor for diagnostics and PLL driving. The
MON output is identical to all other outputs and complies with the output
specifications in this document. The FCT3805 offers low capacitance inputs
The FCT3805 is designed for high speed clock distribution where signal
quality and skew are critical. The FCT3805 also allows single point-to-
point transmission line driving in applications such as address distribution,
where one signal must be distributed to multiple recievers with low skew
and high signal quality.
For more information on using the FCT3805 with two different input
frequencies on bank A and B, please see AN-236.
OA1 - OA5
OB1 - OB5
SOIC/ SSOP/ QSOP
The IDT logo is a registered trademark of Integrated Device Technology, Inc.
COMMERCIAL AND INDUSTRIAL
c 2005 Integrated Device Technology, Inc.