MOS INTEGRATED CIRCUIT
8-BIT SINGLE-CHIP MICROCONTROLLER
The µPD780065 is a product of the µPD780065 Subseries in the 78K/0 Series. It is ideal for controlling CD-
TEXT supporting audio equipment. Since it incorporates 5 KB of RAM, it is also ideal for control operations that
A flash memory version (µPD78F0066) that can be operated using the same power supply voltage range as
that of the mask ROM version as well as a variety of development tools are also available.
Detailed function descriptions are provided in the following user’s manuals. Be sure to read them before
µPD780065 Subseries User’s Manual: U13420E
78K/0 Series User’s Manual Instructions: U12326E
• Internal ROM: 40 KB
• Internal high-speed RAM: 1024 bytes
• Internal expansion RAM: 4096 bytes
• Buffer RAM: 32 bytes
• Minimum instruction execution time can be changed from high speed (0.24 µs) to ultra-low speed (122 µs).
• I/O ports: 60
• 8-bit resolution A/D converter: 8 channels
• Serial interface: 4 channels
• 3-wire serial I/O mode: 1 channel
• 3-wire serial I/O mode (a maximum 32-byte automatic transmit/receive function is incorporated.): 1 channel
• 2-wire serial I/O mode: 1 channel
• UART mode: 1 channel
• Timer: 5 channels
• 16-bit timer/event counter: 1 channel
• 8 bit timer/event counter: 2 channels
• Watch timer: 1 channel
• Watchdog timer: 1 channel
• Power supply voltage: VDD = 2.7 to 5.5 V
CD-TEXT supported car audios
The information in this document is subject to change without notice. Before using this document, please
confirm that this is the latest version.
Not all products and/or types are available in every country. Please check with an NEC Electronics
sales representative for availability and additional information.
Document No. U13732EJ1V1DS00 (1st edition)
Date Published August 2005 N CP(K)
Printed in Japan
The mark shows major revised points.