Dual preamplifier with ALC
BA3308 / BA3308F / BA3308FV
The BA3308, BA3308F and BA3308FV are dual preamplifier ICs with built-in ALC circuits, and have been designed for
use in stereo radio-cassette recorders and tape recorders. They come in compact 9-pin SIP (BA3308), 14-pin MF
(BA3308F) and 14-pin SSOP (BS3308FV) packages, and have two record / playback preamplifiers, and an ALC circuit.
The preamplifiers have high gain and low distortion, and can be directly coupled to the tape head without coupling capaci-
tors. This prevents tape head magnetization and “pop” noise generation.
A built-in rectifier means that an ALC circuit with good channel balance and large dynamic range can be constructed
with addition of just an external time constant circuit.
The ICs also include power-on mute circuits that suppress “pop” noise generation.
Stereo radio cassette recorders, cassette decks and
home stereo systems and music centers
1) Built-in ALC rectifier diode.
2) Wide operating power supply voltage range (VCC =
4.5V to 14V).
3) Low current dissipation (IQ = 3.5mV).
4) High gain (GVO = 80dB).
5) Low distortion (THD = 0.1%).
6) Low noise (VNIN = 1µVrms)
7) Input coupling capacitors and not necessary.
8) Good ALC channel balance.
9) Power-on mute circuit.
10) ALC dynamic range can be varied by the addition
of an external input resistor.
FAbsolute maximum ratings (Ta = 25_C)
FRecommended operating conditions (Ta = 25_C)