Optical disc ICs
Servo signal processor for CD
The BU9312AKS is a CD servo signal processing IC that contains a speed doubling unadjusted PLL, program servo,
and signal processor, and that delivers low voltage operation and low power consumption. This IC is ideal for miniatur-
ized, low-power-consumption applications.
Portable CD players, portable stereos and mini compo-
nent stereo systems
1) Internal PLL circuit, allowing EFM data demodulation
and bit clock sampling with minimum attached com-
2) Frame synch signal detection and protection.
3) Internal focus, tracking and thread servo filters.
Characteristics can be controlled with commands
from the controller.
4) Subcode serial output pin.
5) Output pins for P code and Q code.
6) Internal CLV sequencer that automatically sets the
7) Internal track jump sequencer that jumps the de-
sired number of tracks.
8) Single-chip IC with deinterleaving function and in-
ternal C1 / C2 double error detection, correction
and flag processor.
9) Signals to DAC are output via MSB fast 2’SCOMP
serial outputs, enabling control of ON / OFF opera-
tion of CD-ROM interpolators.
10) 16k bits of internal SRAM, for the storage of up to
± 4 frames of jitters.
11) Doubled-speed playback.