TRANSIENT VOLTAGE SUPPRESSORS
The P4SMA series is designed specifically to protect sensitive electronic equipment
from voltage transients induced by lightning and other transient voltage events.
• For surface mounted applications in order to optimize board space.
• Low profile package.
• Built-in strain relief.
• Glass passivated junction.
• Excellent clamping capability. SMA/DO-214AC
• Repetition Rate (duty cycle):0.01%.
• Fast response time: typically less than 1.0ps from 0 Volts to VBR for unidirectional types.
• Typical IR less than 1μA above 10V.
• High Temperature soldering: 260°C/10 seconds at terminals.
• Plastic package has Underwriters Laboratory Flammability 94V-O.
• Case: JEDEC DO214AC. Molded plastic over glass passivated junction.
• Terminal: Solder plated, solderable per MIL-STD-750, Method 2026.
• Polarity: Color band denoted positive end (cathode) except Bidirectional.
• Standard Packaging: 12mm tape (EIA STD RS-481).
• Weight: 0.002 ounce, 0.061 grams.
MAXIMUM RATINGS AND CHARACTERISTICS
Ratings at 25℃ ambient temperature unless otherwise specified.
SY MB OL
Peak Pulse Power Dissipation on 10/1000us waveform (Note1,Note2, Fig.1).
Peak Pulse Current of on 10/1000us waveform.(Note1,Fig.3)
Steady State Power Dissipation at TL =75℃,Lead lengths.375”,(9.5mm) (Note2,Fig.5).
Peak Forward Surge Current,8.3ms Single Half Sine-Wave Superimposed on Rate d Load, (JEDEC
Method) (Note 3,Fig.6).
Operating junction and Storage Temperature Range.
TJ , TSTG
1. Non-repetitive current pulse, per Fig. 3 and derated above TA = 25 C per Fig. 2.
2. Mounted on 5.0mm x 5.0mm (0.03mm thick) Copper Pads to each terminal.
3. 8.3ms single half sine-wave, or equivalent square wave, Duty cycle=4 pulses per minutes maximum.
-65 to +150