Positive voltage regulator ICs
• Output current up to 1.5 A
• Output voltages of 5; 6; 8; 8.5; 9; 12; 15; 18; 24 V
• Thermal overload protection
• Short circuit protection
• Output transition SOA protection
• 2 % output voltage tolerance (A version)
• Guaranteed in extended temperature range (A version)
The L78 series of three-terminal positive regulators is available in TO-220,
TO-220FP, D²PAK and DPAK packages and several fixed output voltages, making it
useful in a wide range of applications.
These regulators can provide local on-card regulation, eliminating the distribution
problems associated with single point regulation. Each type embeds internal current
limiting, thermal shut-down and safe area protection, making it essentially
indestructible. If adequate heat sinking is provided, they can deliver over 1 A output
current. Although designed primarily as fixed voltage regulators, these devices can
be used with external components to obtain adjustable voltage and currents.
Maturity status link
DS0422 - Rev 36 - September 2018
For further information contact your local STMicroelectronics sales office.