Low-power dual CMOS timer
Datasheet - production data
The TS556 is a dual CMOS timer which offers a
very low consumption:
220 µA at
= 6 mA),
and high frequency:
2.7 MHz versus
= 0.1 MHz)
In both monostable and astable modes, timing
remains very accurate.
The TS556 provides reduced supply current
spikes during output transitions, which enables
the use of lower decoupling capacitors compared
to those required by bipolar NE556(a).
Due to the high input impedance (1012 Ω), timing
capacitors can also be minimized.
• Very low power consumption:
– 220 µA typ at VCC = 5 V
– 180 µA typ at VCC = 3 V
• High maximum astable frequency 2.7 MHz
• Pin-to-pin and functionally compatible with
• Wide voltage range: 2 V to 16 V
• Supply current spikes reduced during output
• High input impedance: 1012 Ω
• Output compatible with TTL, CMOS and logic
a. Terminated product
This is information on a product in full production.
DocID4078 Rev 3