TOSHIBA CMOS Digital Integrated Circuit Silicon Monolithic
2-Channel Multiplexer (3-state)
The TC74ACT257 is an advanced high speed CMOS
MULTIPLEXER fabricated with silicon gate and double-layer
metal wiring C2MOS technology.
It achieve the high speed operation similar to equivalent
Bipolar Schottky TTL while maintaining the CMOS low power
This device may be used as a level converter for interfacing
TTL or NMOS to High Speed CMOS. The inputs are compatible
with TTL or NMOS and CMOS output voltage levels.
Each is composed of four independent 2-channel multiplexers
with common SELECT and OUTPUT ENABLE ( OE ).
If OE is set low, the outputs are held in a high-impedance
state. When SELECT is set low, “A” data inputs are enabled.
Conversely, when SELECT is high, “B” data inputs are
All inputs are equipped with protection circuits against static
discharge or transient excess voltage.
• High speed: tpd = 5.8 ns (typ.) at VCC = 5 V
• Low power dissipation: ICC = 8 μA (max) at Ta = 25°C
• Compatible with TTL outputs: VIL = 0.8 V (max)
VIH = 2.0 V (min)
• Symmetrical output impedance: |IOH| = IOL = 24 mA (min)
Capability of driving 50 Ω
• Balanced propagation delays: tpLH ∼− tpHL
• Pin and function compatible with 74F257
: 1.00 g (typ.)
: 0.18 g (typ.)
Start of commercial production