TOSHIBA CMOS Digital Integrated Circuit Silicon Monolithic
8-Bit Equality Comparator
The TC74ACT521 is an advanced high speed CMOS 8-BIT
DIGITAL COMPARATOR fabricated with silicon gate and
double-layer metal wiring C2MOS technology.
It achieves the high speed operation similar to equivalent
Bipolar Schottky TTL while maintaining the CMOS low power
This device may be used as a level converter for interfacing
TTL or NMOS to High Speed CMOS. The inputs are compatible
with TTL, NMOS and CMOS output voltage levels.
It compares two 8-bit binary or BCD words applied inputs
P0~P7, and inputs Q0~Q7, and indicates whether or not they are
A signal active low enable is provided to facilitate cascading of
several packages to compare of words greater than 8 bits.
All inputs are equipped with protection circuits against static
discharge or transient excess voltage.
• High speed: tpd = 6.4 ns (typ.) at VCC = 5 V
• Low power dissipation: ICC = 8 μA (max) at Ta = 25°C
• Compatible with TTL outputs: VIL = 0.8 V (max)
VIH = 2.0 V (min)
• Symmetrical output impedance: |IOH| = IOL = 24 mA (min)
Capability of driving 50 Ω
• Balanced propagation delays: tpLH ∼− tpHL
• Pin and function compatible with 74F521
: 1.30 g (typ.)
: 0.22 g (typ.)
Start of commercial production