CMOS Digital Integrated Circuits Silicon Monolithic
1. Functional Description
• Low-Voltage 3-to-8 Line Decoder with 3.6-V Tolerant Inputs and Outputs
The TC74VCX138FT is a high performance CMOS 3-to-8 decoder which is guaranteed to operate from 1.2 V to
3.6 V. Designed for use in 1.5 V, 1.8 V, 2.5 V or 3.3 V systems, it achieves high speed operation while maintaining
the CMOS low power dissipation.
It is also designed with over voltage tolerant inputs and outputs up to 3.6 V.
When the device is enabled, 3 binary select inputs (A, B and C) determine which one of the outputs (Y0 to Y7)
will go low.
When enable input G1 is held low or either G2A or G2B is held high, decoding function is inhibited and all outputs
G1, G2A and G2B inputs are provided to ease cascade connection and for use as an address decoder for memory
All inputs are equipped with protection circuits against static discharge.
(1) Wide operating temperature range: Topr = -40 to 125 (Note 1)
(2) Low-voltage operation: VCC = 1.2 to 3.6 V
(3) High-speed operation: tpd = 3.5 ns (max) (VCC = 3.0 to 3.6 V)
tpd = 4.1 ns (max) (VCC = 2.3 to 2.7 V)
tpd = 8.2 ns (max) (VCC = 1.65 to 1.95 V)
tpd = 16.4 ns (max) (VCC = 1.4 to 1.6 V)
tpd = 41.0 ns (max) (VCC = 1.2 V)
(4) Output current: IOH/IOL = ±24 mA (min) (VCC = 3.0 V)
IOH/IOL = ±18 mA (min) (VCC = 2.3 V)
IOH/IOL = ±6 mA (min) (VCC = 1.65 V)
IOH/IOL = ±2 mA (min) (VCC = 1.4 V)
(5) Latch-up performance: -300 mA
(6) ESD performance: Human Body Model ≥ ±2000 V
(7) 3.6 V tolerant function and power-down protection provided on all inputs and outputs.
Note 1: Operating Range spec of Topr = -40 to 125 is applicable only for the products which manufactured after
Toshiba Electronic Devices & Storage Corporation
Start of commercial production