CMOS Digital Integrated Circuits Silicon Monolithic
1. Functional Description
• Low-Voltage Octal Bus Buffer with 3.6-V Tolerant Inputs and Outputs
The TC74VCX2541FT is a high-performance CMOS octal bus buffer. Designed for use in 1.8 V, 2.5 V or 3.3 V
systems, it achieves high-speed operation while maintaining the CMOS low power dissipation.
It is also designed with overvoltage tolerant inputs and outputs up to 3.6 V.
This device is a non-inverting 3-state buffer having two active-low output enables. When either OE1 or OE2 are
high, the terminal outputs are in the high-impedance state. This device is designed to be used with 3-state memory
address drivers, etc. The 26Ω series resistor helps reducing output overshoot and undershoot without external
All inputs are equipped with protection circuits against static discharge.
(1) Wide operating temperature range: Topr = -40 to 125 (Note 1)
(2) 26 Ω series resistors on outputs.
(3) Low-voltage operation: VCC = 1.8 to 3.6 V
(4) High-speed operation: tpd = 4.4 ns (max) (VCC = 3.0 to 3.6 V)
tpd = 5.6 ns (max) (VCC = 2.3 to 2.7 V)
tpd = 9.8 ns (max) (VCC = 1.8 V)
(5) Output current: IOH/IOL = ±12 mA (min) (VCC = 3.0 V)
IOH/IOL = ±8 mA (min) (VCC = 2.3 V)
IOH/IOL = ±4 mA (min) (VCC = 1.8 V)
(6) Latch-up performance: -300 mA
(7) ESD performance: Human Body Model ≥ ±2000 V
(8) 3.6 V tolerant function and power-down protection provided on all inputs and outputs.
Note 1: Operating Range spec of Topr = -40 to 125 is applicable only for the products which manufactured after
Toshiba Electronic Devices & Storage Corporation
Start of commercial production