CMOS Digital Integrated Circuits Silicon Monolithic
1. Functional Description
• Low-Voltage Quad 2-Channel Multiplexer with 3.6-V Tolerant Inputs and Outputs
The TC74VCX257FK is a high performance CMOS multiplexer which is guaranteed to operate from 1.2 V to 3.6
V. Designed for use in 1.5 V, 1.8 V, 2.5 V or 3.3 V systems, it achieves high speed operation while maintaining
the CMOS low power dissipation.
It is also designed with over voltage tolerant inputs and outputs up to 3.6 V.
It consists of four 2-input digital multiplexers with common select and output enable inputs.
If OE is set high the outputs are held in a high-impedance state. The SELECT decoding determines whether the
A or B inputs get routed to their corresponding Y outputs.
All inputs are equipped with protection circuits against static discharge.
(1) Low-voltage operation: VCC = 1.2 to 3.6 V
(2) High-speed operation: tpd = 3.0 ns (max) (VCC = 3.0 to 3.6 V)
tpd = 4.0 ns (max) (VCC = 2.3 to 2.7 V)
tpd = 8.0 ns (max) (VCC = 1.65 to 1.95 V)
tpd = 16.0 ns (max) (VCC = 1.4 to 1.6 V)
tpd = 40.0 ns (max) (VCC = 1.2 V)
(3) Output current: IOH/IOL = ±24 mA (min) (VCC = 3.0 V)
IOH/IOL = ±18 mA (min) (VCC = 2.3 V)
IOH/IOL = ±6 mA (min) (VCC = 1.65 V)
IOH/IOL = ±2 mA (min) (VCC = 1.4 V)
(4) Latch-up performance: -300 mA
(5) ESD performance: Human Body Model ≥ ±2000 V
(6) 3.6 V tolerant function and power-down protection provided on all inputs and outputs.
Toshiba Electronic Devices & Storage Corporation
Start of commercial production