TOSHIBA CD process Integrated Circuit Silicon Monolithic
Clock-in and Serial controlled Bipolar Stepping Motor Driver
The TC78H670FTG is a two-phase bipolar stepping motor driver using a PWM
chopper which incorporate DMOS with low on-resistance in output
transistors. The clock-in decoder is built in.
Weight: 22.9 mg (typ.)
• Built-in Dual H Bridges, Capable of controlling 1 bipolar stepping motor
• PWM controlled constant-current drive
• Power supply operating voltage: 2.5 V to 16.0 V
• Output current ratings: 2.0 A (max)
• Low on-resistance (High + Low side = 0.48 Ω (typ.)) MOSFET output stage
• Allows full, half, quarter, 1/8, 1/16, 1/32, 1/64, 1/128 step operation
• Built-in Sense resistor less current control architecture (Advanced Current Detection System)
• Multi error detect functions (Thermal shutdown (TSD), Over current (ISD), motor load open (OPD)
and Under voltage lockout(UVLO))
• Error detection (TSD/ISD/OPD) flag output function
• Built-in VCC regulator for internal circuit
• Chopping frequency of a motor can be adjusted by external resistor
• Small QFN package with thermal pad (16pin)
Note: Please be careful about thermal conditions during using.
Note: It is possible to detect OPD only when Serial mode is selected.
Toshiba Electronic Devices & Storage Corporation
Start of commercial production