Photocouplers Infrared LED & Photo IC
• Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs)
• Battery Management System (BMS)
• Industrial Inverters
The TLP2110 is a 5-Mbps low-power photocoupler. It has two circuits built into a single SO8 package, which can
reduce the mounting area.
The TLP2110 consumes supply current (IDDL/IDDH) of only 0.6 mA maximum over the entire operating
temperature range of -40 to 125 and operates at a supply voltage as low as 2.7 V, contributing to a reduction
in power consumption of various systems.
The input forward current can be less than 1 mA maximum, allowing direct drive by a microcontroller.
The detector has a totem-pole output stage with current sourcing and sinking capabilities. The TLP2110 has an
internal Faraday shield that provides a guaranteed common-mode transient immunity of ±25 kV/µs.
(1) Package: SO8
(2) Data transfer rate: 5 MBd (typ.) (NRZ)
(3) Supply current: 0.6 mA (max)
(4) Threshold input current: 1.0 mA (max)
(5) Supply voltage: 2.7 to 5.5 V
(6) Operating temperature: -40 to 125
(7) Propagation delay time: 250 ns (max)
(8) Pulse width distortion: 30 ns (max)
(9) Isolation voltage: 2500 Vrms (min)
(10) Safety standards
UL-recognized: UL 1577, File No.E67349
cUL-recognized: CSA Component Acceptance Service No.5A File No.E67349
VDE-approved: EN 60747-5-5 (Note 1)
Note 1: When a VDE approved type is needed, please designate the Option (V4).
Toshiba Electronic Devices & Storage Corporation
Start of commercial production