Photocouplers Infrared LED & Photo IC
• Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs)
• Industrial Inverters
• High-Speed Digital Interfacing for Instrumentation and Control Devices
The Toshiba TLP2391 consists of two high-output infurared LED coupled with a high-gain, high-speed photo
detector. It is housed in the SO6 package.
Since it is making two LED reverse parallel, it can be dealt with both sinking and sourcing input signals.
Since TLP2391 has guaranteed 1 mA low supply current (ICCL/ICCH), and 2.5 mA (VCC = 5 V) low threshold input
current(IFHL), it contributes to energy saving of devices.
The detector has a totem-pole output stage with current sourcing and sinking capabilities. The TLP2391 has an
internal Faraday shield that provides a guaranteed common-mode transient immunity of ±20 kV/µs.
(1) Inverter logic type (Totem pole output)
(2) Package: SO6
(3) Operating temperature: -40 to 125
(4) Supply voltage: 2.7 to 5.5 V
(5) Threshold input current: 2.3 mA (max) (VCC = 3.3 V)
: 2.5 mA (max) (VCC = 5 V)
(6) Supply current: 1 mA (max)
(7) Data transfer rate: 10 Mbps (typ.)
(8) Propagation delay time: 100 ns (max)
(9) Pulse width distortion: 30 ns (max)
(10) Isolation voltage: 3750 Vrms (min)
(11) Safety standards
UL-recognized: UL 1577, File No.E67349
cUL-recognized: CSA Component Acceptance Service No.5A File No.E67349
VDE-approved: EN 60747-5-5 (Note 1)
CQC-approved: GB4943.1, GB8898 Thailand Factory
Note 1: When an EN 60747-5-5 approved type is needed, please designate the Option (V4).
Toshiba Electronic Devices & Storage Corporation
Start of commercial production