Photocouplers GaAℓAs Infrared LED & Photo IC
• Factory Automation (FA)
• Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs)
• High-Speed Digital Interfacing for Instrumentation and Control Devices
The TLP2766A consists of a high-output GaAℓAs light-emitting diode coupled with a high-gain, high-speed photo
detector. It is housed in the SO6L package.
This product can be mounted on the same land-pattern with Toshiba's SDIP6 packages.
In addition, the SO6L packages has a maximum height of 2.3 mm, which is approximately 45 % thinner than the
conventional SDIP6 packages. Its low profile package contributes to system size reduction and can be placed in
height-restricted locations, such as the back of a board.
Also, since TLP2766A guarantees high Isolation Voltage of 5 kVrms (min), this product satisfies the reinforced
insulation class according to international safety standards.
The detector has a totem-pole output stage with current sourcing and sinking capabilities.
The TLP2766A has an internal Faraday shield that provides a guaranteed common-mode transient immunity of
(1) Inverter logic type (Totem pole output)
(2) Package: SO6L
(3) Operating temperature: -40 to 125
(4) Supply voltage: 2.7 to 5.5 V
(5) Data transfer rate: 20 MBd (typ.) (NRZ)
(6) Threshold input current: 3.5 mA (max)
(7) Supply current: 3 mA (max)
(8) Propagation delay time: 55 ns (max)
(9) Pulse width distortion: 30 ns (max)
(10) Common-mode transient immunity: ±20 kV/µs (min)
(11) Isolation voltage: 5000 Vrms (min)
(12) Safety standards
UL-approved: UL1577, File No.E67349
cUL-approved: CSA Component Acceptance Service No.5A File No.E67349
VDE-approved: EN60747-5-5, EN60065 or EN60950-1 (Pending) (Note 1)
CQC-approved: GB4943.1, GB8898 Japan Factory (Pending)
Note 1: When a VDE approved type is needed, please designate the Option (D4).
Toshiba Electronic Devices & Storage Corporation
Start of commercial production