Photocouplers Infrared LED & Photo IC
• IGBT Gate Drivers
• MOSFET Gate Drivers
• Industrial Inverters
• AC Servos
• Photovoltaic (PV) Power Conditioning Systems
• Air Conditioner Inverters
The TLP5231 is a 2.5 A dual-output IGBT gate pre-drive photocoupler including highly integrated multi-functional
IC that is housed in SO16L package having a long creepage and clearance. This photocoupler is suitable as a pre-
driver to driver power devices via external p- and n- channel MOSFET as buffers.
The smart gate driver photocoupler includes functions of IGBT/power MOSFET desaturation detection, isolated
fault status feedback, configurable soft gate turn-off, and under voltage lockout (UVLO).
The TLP5231 consists of two infrared light-emitting diodes (LEDs) and two high-gain and high-speed light-
receiving IC chips. Thereby, they realize the control of output current and the feedback function of the fault signal
while keeping a insulation between a primary side and secondary side electrically.
(1) Output peak current: ±2.5 A (max)
(2) Operating temperature: -40 to 110
(3) Threshold input current: 3.5 mA (max)
(4) Propagation delay time: 300 ns (max)
(5) Common-mode transient immunity: ±25 kV/µs (min)
(6) Isolation voltage: 5000 Vrms (min)
(7) Dual output drive for external complementary type MOS buffer.
(8) Under Voltage Lock-Out protection for positive and negative gate power supply.
(9) Safety standards
UL-recognized: UL 1577, File No.E67349
cUL-recognized: CSA Component Acceptance Service No.5A File No.E67349
VDE-approved: EN 60747-5-5, EN 62368-1 (Note 1)
CQC-approved: GB4943.1, GB8898 Japan Factory
Note 1: When a VDE approved type is needed, please designate the Option (D4).
Toshiba Electronic Devices & Storage Corporation
Start of commercial production