TOSHIBA Bi-CMOS Digital Integrated Circuit Silicon Monolithic
Maximum Power 41 W BTL × 4-ch Audio Power IC
The TB2902HQ is 4ch audio amplifier for car audio application.
This IC can generate high power, high quality sound output,
POUT MAX = 41 W, using a pure complementary P-ch and N-ch
DMOS output stage.
The built-in self diagnosis function which is included can be
controlled via I2C BUS.
www.DataSheet4UI.ncoamddition, stand-by and mute function, and various
Protection feature are included.
• High power output
: POUT MAX (1) = 41 W (typ.)
(VCC = 14.4 V, f = 1 kHz, JEITA max, RL = 4 Ω)
: POUT MAX (2) = 37 W (typ.)
(VCC = 13.7 V, f = 1 kHz, JEITA max, RL = 4 Ω)
: POUT MAX (3) = 70 W (typ.)
(VCC = 14.4 V, f = 1 kHz, JEITA max, RL = 2 Ω)
: POUT (1) = 27 W (typ.)
(VCC = 14.4 V, f = 1 kHz, THD = 10%, RL = 4 Ω)
: POUT (2) = 23 W (typ.)
(VCC = 13.2 V, f = 1 kHz, THD = 10%, RL = 4 Ω)
: POUT (3) = 45 W (typ.)
(VCC = 14.4 V, f = 1 kHz, THD = 10%, RL = 2 Ω)
Weight: 7.7 g (typ.)
• Low distortion ratio: THD = 0.015% (typ.)
(VCC = 13.2 V, f = 1 kHz, POUT = 5 W, RL = 4 Ω)
• Low noise: VNO = 90 µVrms (typ.)
(VCC = 13.2 V, Rg = 0 Ω, BW = 20 Hz to 20 kHz, RL = 4 Ω)
• Built in stand by & muting function: controlled via I2C Bus (pin 16)
• Built in clipping detection (pin 4)
• Built in I2C Bus for stand-by, mute, voltage gain control, self diagnosis: Output short detection, offset detection,
tweeter or speaker open detection (pin 22 and 25)
• Built-in various protection circuits (Note 1, Note 2)
Thermal shut down, over-voltage, out to GND, out to VCC, out to out short circuit
• Operating supply voltage: VCC (opr) = 9 to 18 V (RL = 4 Ω)
VCC (opr) = 9 to 16 V (RL = 2 Ω)
Note 1: Install the product correctly. Otherwise, it may result in break down, damage and/or degradation to the
product or equipment.
Note 2: These protection functions are intended to avoid some output short circuits or other abnormal conditions
temporarily. These protect functions do not warrant to prevent the IC from being damaged.
- In case of the product would be operated with exceeded guaranteed operating ranges, these protection
features may not operate and some output short circuits may result in the IC being damaged.