TOSHIBA CMOS Digital Integrated Circuit Silicon Monolithic
Low-Voltage Quad 2-Channel Multiplexer (3-state) with 5-V Tolerant Inputs and Outputs
The TC74LCX257 is a high-performance CMOS multiplexer. Designed
for use in 3.3-V systems, it achieves high-speed operation while
maintaining the CMOS low-power dissipation.
The device is designed for low-voltage (3.3 V) VCC applications, but it
could be used to interface to 5-V supply environment for inputs.
It is composed of four independent 2-channel multiplexers with
common select and OE .
If OE is set low, the outputs are held in a high-impedance state.
When SELECT is set low, “A” data inputs are enabled. Conversely, when
SELECT is high, “B” data inputs are enabled.
All inputs are equipped with protection circuits against static
• Low-voltage operation: VCC = 2.0 to 3.6 V
• High-speed operation: tpd = 6.0 ns (max) (VCC = 3.0 to 3.6 V)
• Output current: |IOH|/IOL = 24 mA (min) (VCC = 3.0 V)
• Latch-up performance: −500 mA
• Available in JEITA SOP, VSSOP(US)
• Power-down protection provided on all inputs and outputs
• Pin and function compatible with the 74 series
(74AC/VHC/HC/F/ALS/LS etc.) 257 type
: 0.18 g (typ.)
: 0.02 g (typ.)
Toshiba Electronic Devices & Storage Corporation
Start of commercial production