GaAs Transfer Switch,
• Small Ceramic Package, 0.250” Sq.
• Fast Switching Speed, 4 ns Typical
• Ultra Low DC Power Consumption
• 50 Ohm Nominal Impedance
• MIL-STD-883 screening available
• Lead-Free CR-4 Package
• 260°C Reflow Compatible
M/A-COM’s SW-283-PIN is a GaAs MMIC transfer
switch packaged in lead-free, surface mount CR-4
ceramic style packages. SW-283-PIN offers low
insertion loss, high isolation, and fast switching.
This ceramic switch platform has a common footprint
for all three designs. The CR-4 package is hermeti-
cally sealed, making this switch ideal for space, mili-
tary radios, and other environmentally harsh applica-
Typical applications include synthesizer switching,
transmit/receive switching, switch matrices and filter
banks in systems such as radio and cellular equip-
ment, PCM, GPS, and fiber optic modules.
The SW-283-PIN transfer switch contains a mono-
lithic GaAs MMIC which is fabricated using a 1.0
micron MESFET process.
Note: Reference Application Note M513 for reel size
Note: Die quantity varies.
Functional Block Diagram
GND GND GND GND
GND A B GND
The metal bottom of the case must be connected to RF and DC
* Restrictions on Hazardous Substances, European Union Directive 2002/95/EC.
M/A-COM Inc. and its affiliates reserve the right to make changes to the
product(s) or information contained herein without notice. M/A-COM makes
no warranty, representation or guarantee regarding the suitability of its
products for any particular purpose, nor does M/A-COM assume any liability
whatsoever arising out of the use or application of any product(s) or
• North America Tel: 800.366.2266 / Fax: 978.366.2266
• Europe Tel: 44.1908.574.200 / Fax: 44.1908.574.300
• Asia/Pacific Tel: 81.44.844.8296 / Fax: 81.44.844.8298
Visit www.macom.com for additional data sheets and product information.