Industry Smallest and Low Profile 15W, 2.5A
DC/DC Boost Converter with High Output Power Density
• Fully integrated DC/DC converter
• High efficiency over large load range
• 100% duty cycle
• Power density - more than 550W/inch3
• 1µA shutdown current
• 2.7V to 6V input range (1Li+ and 3-cell NiCd or NiMH cells)
• 3.3V to 6V output voltage
• Programmable PWM/PSM controls
• Low output ripple
• BGA construction
• Temperature range: - 40°C to + 85°C
• No external components required
• Output power 15W
• Maximum current 2.5A
• Low profile
The DC/DC converter is a programmable topology
synchronized Boost converter for today’s continuous
changing portable electronic market. The DC/DC converter
provides flexibility of utilizing various battery configurations
and chemistries such as NiCd, NiMH, or Li+ with an input
voltage range of 2.5V to 6V. An additional flexibility is
provided with topology programmability to power multiple
loads such as power amplifiers, microcontrollers, or
baseband logic IC’s. For ultra-high efficiency, converters are
designed to operate in synchronous rectified PWM mode
under full load while transforming into externally controlled
pulse-skipping mode (PSM) under light load.
The DC/DC converter is available in 20-ports BGA package.
In order to satisfy the stringent ambient temperature
requirements, the DC/DC converter is designed to handle
the industrial temperature range of - 40°C to + 85°C.
• Point of Load (POL) applications such as drivers for
FPGA’s, microprocessors, DSP’s, amplifiers, etc.
• Cordless phones, PDA’s and others
• Supply voltage source for low-voltage chip sets
• Portable computers
• Battery back-up supplies
OUTPUT VOLTAGE - Example: 3.3V should be written as 3V3 as the V indicates the decimal point,
or ADJ for adjustable version - self selectable output voltage.
PACKAGING - B1 = 10pcs in bulk; B5 = 50pcs in bulk; T1 = 13” reel; T2 = 7” reel.
For lead (Pb)-free solder please add E2 suffix.
Document Number: 10133
For technical questions, contact FunctionPAK@vishay.com
For marketing questions, contact FunctionPAK.firstname.lastname@example.org