• Controlled Baseline
– One Assembly/Test Site, One Fabrication
• Extended Temperature Performance of –55°C
• Enhanced Diminishing Manufacturing
Sources (DMS) Support
• Enhanced Product-Change Notification
• Qualification Pedigree (1)
• 2-V to 5.5-V VCC Operation
• Max tpd of 10.5 ns at 5 V
• Supports Mixed-Mode Voltage Operation on
• Ioff Supports Partial-Power-Down Mode
• Latch-Up Performance Exceeds 250 mA Per
(1) Component qualification in accordance with JEDEC and
industry standards to ensure reliable operation over an
extended temperature range. This includes, but is not limited
to, Highly Accelerated Stress Test (HAST) or biased 85/85,
temperature cycle, autoclave or unbiased HAST,
electromigration, bond intermetallic life, and mold compound
life. Such qualification testing should not be viewed as
justifying use of this component beyond specified
performance and environmental limits.
PARALLEL-LOAD 8-BIT SHIFT REGISTER
SCLS694 – JANUARY 2006
• ESD Protection Exceeds JESD 22
– 2000-V Human-Body Model (A114-A)
– 200-V Machine Model (A115-A)
– 1000-V Charged-Device Model (C101)
15 CLK INH
The SN74LV165A-EP is a parallel-load, 8-bit shift register designed for 2-V to 5.5-V VCC operation.
When the device is clocked, data is shifted toward the serial output QH. Parallel-in access to each stage is
provided by eight individual direct data inputs that are enabled by a low level at the shift/load (SH/LD) input. The
SN74LV165A-EP features a clock-inhibit function and a complemented serial output, QH.
Clocking is accomplished by a low-to-high transition of the clock (CLK) input while SH/LD is held high and clock
inhibit (CLK INH) is held low. The functions of CLK and CLK INH are interchangeable. Since a low CLK and a
low-to-high transition of CLK INH accomplishes clocking, CLK INH should be changed to the high level only while
CLK is high. Parallel loading is inhibited when SH/LD is held high. The parallel inputs to the register are enabled
while SH/LD is held low, independently of the levels of CLK, CLK INH, or SER.
This device is fully specified for partial-power-down applications using Ioff. The Ioff circuitry disables the outputs,
preventing damaging current backflow through the devices when they are powered down.
–55°C to 125°C
TSSOP – PW
Reel of 2000
ORDERABLE PART NUMBER
(1) Package drawings, standard packing quantities, thermal data, symbolization, and PCB design guidelines are available at
Please be aware that an important notice concerning availability, standard warranty, and use in critical applications of Texas
Instruments semiconductor products and disclaimers thereto appears at the end of this data sheet.
PRODUCTION DATA information is current as of publication date.
Products conform to specifications per the terms of the Texas
Instruments standard warranty. Production processing does not
necessarily include testing of all parameters.
Copyright © 2006, Texas Instruments Incorporated