SLVSB28 – DECEMBER 2011
This integrated circuit can be damaged by ESD. Texas Instruments recommends that all integrated circuits be handled with
appropriate precautions. Failure to observe proper handling and installation procedures can cause damage.
ESD damage can range from subtle performance degradation to complete device failure. Precision integrated circuits may be more
susceptible to damage because very small parametric changes could cause the device not to meet its published specifications.
AVAILABLE OPTIONS AND ORDERING INFORMATION
CONTINUOUS LOAD CURRENT PER
–40°C to 85°C
(1) For the most current package and ordering information, see the Package Option Addendum at the end of this document, or see the TI
website at www.ti.com.
(2) Maximum ambient temperature is a function of device junction temperature and system level considerations, such as power dissipation
and board layout. See dissipation rating table and recommended operating conditions for specific information related to these devices.
(3) Add an R suffix to the device type for tape and reel.
ABSOLUTE MAXIMUM RATINGS
over operating free-air temperature range unless otherwise noted(1) (2)
Voltage range on IN, OUTx, ENx or ENx, ILIM, FAULTx
Voltage range from IN to OUTx
Continuous output current
Continuous total power dissipation
Continuous FAULTx sink current
ILIM source current
ESD – system level (contact/air)(3)
TJ Maximum junction temperature
–0.3 to 7
–7 to 7
See the Dissipation Rating Table
–40 to OTSD2(4)
(1) Stresses beyond those listed under absolute maximum ratings may cause permanent damage to the device. These are stress ratings
only, and functional operation of the device at these or any other conditions beyond those indicated under recommended operating
conditions is not implied. Exposure to absolute-maximum-rated conditions for extended periods may affect device reliability.
(2) Voltages are referenced to GND unless otherwise noted.
(3) Surges per EN61000-4-2, 1999 applied between USB and output ground of the TPS2560AEVM (HPA424) evaluation module
(documentation available on the Web.) These were the test level, no the failure threshold.
(4) Ambient over temperature shutdown threshold
DISSIPATION RATING TABLE
TA ≤ 25°C
(1) Mounting per the PowerPADTM Thermally Enhanced Package application report (SLMA002)
(2) The JEDEC high-K (2s2p) board used to derive this data was a 3in × 3in, multilayer board with 1-ounce internal power and ground
planes and 2-ounce copper traces on top and bottom of the board.
Submit Documentation Feedback
Copyright © 2011, Texas Instruments Incorporated
Product Folder Link(s): TPS2560A TPS2561A