• 32-bit AdvX Cryptographic Accelerator for Public Key Operations with GF92n) Multiplier and Firmware (RSA, DSA, ECC, Key
Generation, AES, MD5, SHA-1, SHA-256)
• DMA Controller to Speed-up Data Transfers when communicating via the Contactless Interface
• EAES 128 Engine (Optional)
• Dedicated Hardware for Protection Against SPA/DPA/SEMA/DEMA Attacks
• Advanced Protection Against Physical Attack, Including Active Shield
• Environmental Protection Systems
• Voltage Monitor
• Frequency Monitor
• Light protection
• Temperature Monitor
• Secure Memory Management/Access Protection (Supervisor Mode)
• Designed to meet Common Criteria EAL5+
• Voyager Emulation Platform (ATV4 Advanced) to Support Software Development
• IAR Embedded Workbench AVR® V3.20c Debugger or Atmel’s AVR Studio® Version 4.07 or Above
• Software Libraries and Application Notes
The AT90SC256144RCFT is a low-power, high-performance, 8-/16-bit microcontroller with ROM program memory,
EEPROM data memor y, based on the secureAVR enhanced RISC architecture and with a dual interface
By executing powerful instructions in a single clock cycle, the AT90SC256144RCFT achieves throughputs close to 1 MIPS
per MHz. Its Harvard architecture includes 32 general-purpose working registers directly connected to the ALU, allowing
two independent registers to be accessed in one single instruction executed in one clock cycle.
The AT90SC256144RCFT uses the secureAVR architecture that allows the linear addressing of up to 8M bytes of code and
up to 16M bytes of data as well as a number of new functional and security features.
The AT90SC256144RCFT features 144K bytes of high-performance EEPROM (fast erase/write time, high endurance).This
allows system developers to offer their customers a true 128K bytes EEPROM, while still being able to use the remaining
16K bytes for their own purposes (customization and patches, for example). The ability to map the EEPROM in the code
space allows parts of the program memory to be reprogrammed in-system.
The cryptographic accelerator featured in the AT90SC256144RCFT is the new AdvX, a N-bit multiplier-accumulator
dedicated to performing fast encryption and authentication functions. All cryptographic routines are executed on the
secureAVR core which uses the AdvX accelerator during encryption/decryption. AdvX is based on a 32-bit technology, thus
enabling fast computation and low power operation. AdvX supports standard finite fields arithmetic functions (including
RSA, DSA and DH) and GF(2N) arithmetic functions (including ECC).
An AES 128 Engine is provided as an optional feature.
Additional security features include power, frequency and temperature protection logic, logical scrambling on program data
and addresses, power analysis countermeasures, and memory accesses controlled by a supervisor mode.
This product is specifically designed for Smart Cards and targets Access Control and ID applications.
A block diagram of the AT90SC256144RCF is shown in Figure 1