Migration from Macronix® MX25L to Cypress S25FL1-K SPI Flash Family
Table 1. Feature Comparison between Cypress S25FL1-K and Macronix MX25L (Sheet 2 of 2)
1. : Feature is supported; —: Feature is not supported.
2. The following Macronix parts were considered in this Application Note: 16 Mbit: MX25L1606E, MX25L1633E, MX25L1635E,
MX25L1636D, MX25L1636E, MX25L1673E, and MX25L1675E; 32 Mbit: MX25L3206E, MX25L3225D, MX25L3235D, MX25L3235E,
MX25L3236D, MX25L3237D, MX25L3239E, MX25L3273E, and MX25L3275E; 64 Mbit: MX25L6406E, MX25L6435E, MX25L6436E,
MX25L6439E, MX25L6445E, MX25L6465E, MX25L6473E, and MX25L6475E.
3. Supporting both uniform 64-kB sectors and uniform 4-kB sectors. The following family members additionally support uniform 32-kB
sectors: MX25L3235E, MX25L3273E, MX25L3275E, MX25L6435E, MX25L6436E, MX25L6439E, MX25L6445E, MX25L6465E,
MX25L6473E, and MX25L6475E.
4. Supporting both uniform 64-kB sectors and uniform 4-kB sectors.
5. Supporting Single, Dual and Quad I/O with some exceptions: MX25L1606E, MX25L3206E, and MX25L6406E support only Single and
Dual I/O. MX25L3239E and MX25L6439E support only Single and Quad I/O.
6. All family members support Single, Dual and Quad I/O.
7. Offering either 64-byte or 512-byte OTP region depending on device type.
8. 3 x 256-byte security registers.
9. MX25L1606E, MX25L1673E, MX25L1675E, MX25L3206E, MX25L3235E, MX25L3239E, MX25L3273E, MX25L3275E, and all 64-Mbit
family members support SFDP mode.
10. Only MX25L3239E and MX25L6439E support Program/Erase Suspend/Resume feature.
11. MX25L3235E, MX25L3239E, MX25L3273E, MX25L3275E, MX25L6435E, MX25L6439E, MX25L6473E, and MX25L6475E support
Packaging — All Densities
The most common packages for MX25L and S25FL1-K are the SOIC packages. The pinout is identical, thus, this
will allow a direct replacement without PCB redesign. Figure 1 shows those SOIC packages and pinouts. Please
refer to the data sheets for detailed package information.
Figure 1. SOIC 150/208/300 mil Package and Pinout (16-pin and 8-pin Versions)
The package options offered by Macronix devices are wide and may differ within devices having the same density.
Table 2 summarizes the full set of available packages for MX25L and S25FL1-K. Please refer to the notes at the
bottom of the table which will clarify within a specific density which exact list of devices support the concerned
Document No. 001-98580 Rev. *B