Qualified per MIL-PRF-19500/564
This 2N6849 switching transistor is military qualified up to the JANS level for high-reliability
applications. This device is also available in a low profile U surface mount package.
Microsemi also offers numerous other transistor products to meet higher and lower power
ratings with various switching speed requirements in both through-hole and surface-mount
JAN, JANTX, JANTXV
Important: For the latest information, visit our website http://www.microsemi.com.
• JEDEC registered 2N6849 number.
• JAN, JANTX, JANTXV and JANS qualifications are available per MIL-PRF-19500/564.
(See part nomenclature for all available options.)
• RoHS compliant versions available (commercial grade only).
APPLICATIONS / BENEFITS
• Lightweight top-hat design with flexible terminals offers a variety of mounting flexibility.
• Military and other high-reliability applications.
Also available in:
U-18 LCC package
MAXIMUM RATINGS @ TA = +25ºC unless otherwise stated
Parameters / Test Conditions
Operating & Storage Junction Temperature Range
Thermal Resistance Junction-to-Case
Total Power Dissipation
@ TA = +25 °C
@ TC = +25 °C (1)
Drain-Source Voltage, dc
Gate-Source Voltage, dc
Drain Current, dc @ TC = +25 ºC (2)
Drain Current, dc @ TC = +100 ºC (2)
Off-State Current (Peak Total Value) (3)
TJ & Tstg
-55 to +150
1. Derate linearly 0.2 W/°C for T C > +25 °C.
2. The following formula derives the maximum theoretical ID limit. ID is also limited by package and
internal wires and may be limited due to pin diameter.
3. IDM = 4 x ID1 as calculated in note 2.
MSC – Lawrence
6 Lake Street,
Lawrence, MA 01841
Tel: 1-800-446-1158 or
Fax: (978) 689-0803
MSC – Ireland
Gort Road Business Park,
Ennis, Co. Clare, Ireland
Tel: +353 (0) 65 6840044
Fax: +353 (0) 65 6822298
T4-LDS-0009, Rev. 3 (121484)
©2012 Microsemi Corporation
Page 1 of 7