Document Number: MPC17533
Rev. 3.0, 12/2013
0.7 A 6.8 V Dual H-Bridge Motor
The 17533 is a monolithic dual H-Bridge power IC ideal for portable
electronic applications containing bipolar stepper motors and/or brush
DC-motors (e.g., cameras and disk drive head positioners).
The 17533 operates from 2.0 V to 6.8 V, with independent control of
each H-Bridge via parallel MCU interface (3.0 V and 5.0 V compatible
logic). The device features built-in shoot-through current protection
and an undervoltage shutdown function.
The 17533 has four operating modes: forward, reverse, brake, and
tri-stated (high-impedance). The 17533 has a low total RDS(ON) of
1.2 Ω (max at 25 °C).
The 17533’s low output resistance and high slew rate provides
efficient drive for many types of micromotors.
• Low total RDS(ON) 0.8 Ω (typ), 1.2 Ω (max) at 25 °C
• Output current 0.7 A (DC), 1.4 A (peak)
• Shoot-through current protection circuit
• 3.0 V/5.0 V CMOS-compatible inputs
• PWM control Input frequency up to 200 kHz
• Built-in 2-channel H-Bridge driver
• Low power consumption
• Undervoltage detection and shutdown circuit
H-BRIDGE MOTOR DRIVER
EV SUFFIX (Pb-FREE)
(For Tape and Reel, add
an R2 Suffix)
MPC17533EV/EL -20 °C to 65 °C
13 V VDD
Figure 1. 17533 Simplified Application Diagram
© Freescale Semiconductor, Inc., 2012-2013. All rights reserved.