3.3 V Zero Delay
The NB2304A is a versatile, 3.3 V zero delay buffer designed to
distribute high−speed clocks in PC, workstation, datacom, telecom
and other high−performance applications. It is available in an 8 pin
package. The part has an on−chip PLL which locks to an input clock
presented on the REF pin. The PLL feedback is required to be driven
to FBK pin, and can be obtained from one of the outputs. The
input−to−output propagation delay is guaranteed to be less than
250 ps, and the output−to−output skew is guaranteed to be less than
The NB2304A has two Banks of two outputs each. Multiple
NB2304A devices can accept the same input clock and distribute it. In
this case, the skew between the outputs of the two devices is
guaranteed to be less than 500 ps.
The NB2304A is available in two different configurations (Refer to
NB2304A Configurations Table). The NB2304Ax1* is the base part,
where the output frequencies equal the reference if there is no counter
in the feedback path. The NB2304Ax1H is the high−drive version of
the −1 and the rise and fall times on this device are much faster.
The NB2304Ax2 allows the user to obtain REF, 1/2 X and 2X
frequencies on each output Bank. The exact configuration and output
frequencies depend on which output drives the feedback pin.
• Zero Input − Output Propagation Delay, Adjustable by Capacitive
Load on FBK Input
• Multiple Configurations − Refer to NB2304A Configurations Table
• Input Frequency Range: 15 MHz to 133 MHz
• Multiple Low−Skew Outputs
• Output−Output Skew < 200 ps
• Device−Device Skew < 500 ps
• Two Banks of Four Outputs
• Less than 200 ps Cycle−to−Cycle Jitter (−1, −1H, −5H)
• Available in Space Saving, 8 pin 150 mil SOIC Package
• 3.3 V Operation
• Advanced 0.35 m CMOS Technology
• Industrial Temperature Available
• These are Pb−Free Devices
XXXX = Device Code
A = Assembly Location
L = Wafer Lot
Y = Year
W = Work Week
G = Pb−Free Package
*For additional marking information, refer to
Application Note AND8002/D.
See detailed ordering and shipping information in the package
dimensions section on page 9 of this data sheet.
*x = C for Commercial; I for Industrial.
© Semiconductor Components Industries, LLC, 2006
November, 2006 − Rev. 5
Publication Order Number: