LSIs for DAB
Full-Function DAB Receiver LSI
The MN66710 is a single-chip digital signal processing LSI for a DAB (digital audio broadcast) receiver, including
OFDM demodulation, service selection, error correction, and MPEG audio decoding. The MN66710 conforms to the
European DAB standard (ETS 300 401). Since the MN66710 includes an on-chip A/D converter for the IF signal input,
it can be directly input the 3.072 MHz center frequency analog IF signal output from the DAB high-frequency circuit.
A DAB receiver is implemented easily by combining MN66710 with a small number of additional components, in
particular, 4M DRAMs for working memory, audio D/A converters, microcontrollers, and etc.
• The DAB signal-processing block is integrated on a single chip. (with external 4M DRAMs)
• Supports all of DAB modes I, II, III, and IV.
• Achieves a processing data rate of up to 1.536 Mbps.
• Up to 4 MSC sub-channels can be selected.
• MPEG audio decoder (Also supports LSF.)
• Supports the standard audio D/A converter interface.
• Digital audio output unit conforming EIAJ CP-1201 (External driver required.)
• RDI output and dedicated audio RDI input units (For high capacity mode only.)
• F-PAD and X-PAD extraction function
• AIC support function provided in hardware.
• Supports multiplex restructuring with no interruption of the audio signal.
• TII decoding function (basic mode)
• Low supply voltage: 3.3 V±0.3 V
• Low power: Under 500 mW
• DAB (digital audio broadcast) receivers
Publication date: November 2001