3.3 VOLT CMOS SyncFIFOTM
256 x 18, 512 x 18, 1,024 x 18,
2,048 x 18, and 4,096 x 18
LEAD FINISH (SnPb) ARE IN EOL PROCESS - LAST TIME BUY EXPIRES JUNE 15, 2018
• 256 x 18-bit organization array (IDT72V205)
• 512 x 18-bit organization array (IDT72V215)
• 1,024 x 18-bit organization array (IDT72V225)
• 2,048 x 18-bit organization array (IDT72V235)
• 4,096 x 18-bit organization array (IDT72V245)
• 10 ns read/write cycle time
• 5V input tolerant
• IDT Standard or First Word Fall Through timing
• Single or double register-buffered Empty and Full flags
• Easily expandable in depth and width
• Asynchronous or coincident Read and Write Clocks
• Asynchronous or synchronous programmable Almost-Empty
and Almost-Full flags with default settings
• Half-Full flag capability
• Output enable puts output data bus in high-impedance state
• High-performance submicron CMOS technology
• Available in a 64-lead thin quad flatpack (TQFP/STQFP)
• Industrial temperature range (–40°C to +85°C) is available
• Green parts available, see ordering information
The IDT72V205/72V215/72V225/72V235/72V245 are functionally com-
patible versions of the IDT72205LB/72215LB/72225LB/72235LB/72245LB,
designed to run off a 3.3V supply for exceptionally low power consumption.
These devices are very high-speed, low-power First-In, First-Out (FIFO)
memories with clocked read and write controls. These FIFOs are applicable
for a wide variety of data buffering needs, such as optical disk controllers, Local
Area Networks (LANs), and interprocessor communication.
These FIFOs have 18-bit input and output ports. The input port is controlled
by a free-running clock (WCLK), and an input enable pin (WEN). Data is read
into the synchronous FIFO on every clock when WEN is asserted. The output
port is controlled by another clock pin (RCLK) and another enable pin (REN).
The Read Clock(RCLK) can be tied to the Write Clock for single clock operation
or the two clocks can run asynchronous of one another for dual-clock operation.
An Output Enable pin (OE) is provided on the read port for three-state control
of the output.
FUNCTIONAL BLOCK DIAGRAM
256 x 18, 512 x 18
1,024 x 18, 2,048 x 18
4,096 x 18
4294 drw 01
IDT, IDT logo are registered trademarks of Integrated Device Technology, Inc. SyncFIFO is a trademark of Integrated Device Technology, Inc.
COMMERCIAL AND INDUSTRIAL TEMPERATURE RANGES
©2018 Integrated Device Technology, Inc. All rights reserved. Product specifications subject to change without notice.