TOSHIBA CMOS Digital Integrated Circuit Silicon Monolithic
12-Stage Ripple Carry Binary Counter
The TC74VHC4040 is an advanced high speed CMOS
12-STAGE BINARY COUNTER/DIVIDER fabricated with silicon
gate C2MOS technology.
It achieves the high speed operation similar to equivalent
Bipolar Schottky TTL while maintaining the CMOS low power
Setting CLR to high resets the counter to low.
A negative transition on the CK input brings one increment
into the counter.
This counter provides all divided output stages, and at Q12, a
1/4096 divided frequency will be output.
An input protection circuit ensures that 0 to 5.5 V can be
applied to the input pins without regard to the supply voltage.
This device can be used to interface 5 V to 3 V systems and two
supply systems such as battery back up. This circuit prevents
device destruction due to mismatched supply and input voltages.
• High speed: fmax = 210 MHz (typ.) at VCC = 5 V
• Low power dissipation: ICC = 4 μA (max) at Ta = 25°C
• High noise immunity: VNIH = VNIL = 28% VCC (min)
• Power down protection is provided on all inputs.
• Balanced propagation delays: tpLH ∼− tpHL
• Wide operating voltage range: VCC (opr) = 2 V to 5.5 V
• Low noise: VOLP = 1.5 V (max)
• Pin and function compatible with 74HC4040
Note: xxxFN (JEDEC SOP) is not available in
: 0.18 g (typ.)
: 0.13 g (typ.)
: 0.06 g (typ.)
: 0.02 g (typ.)