GaAs Broadband SPDT Switch
DC - 6.0 GHz
• 802.11a + b/g Dual Band Applications
• Broadband Performance: DC - 6.0 GHz
• Low Insertion Loss: 0.75 dB @ 5.8 GHz
• High Isolation: 22 dB @ 5.8 GHz
• Low Cost 3 mm 12-Lead PQFN Package
• Fast Switching Speed: 0.5 µm GaAs PHEMT
M/A-COM’s MASWSS0070 is a broadband GaAs
PHEMT MMIC SPDT switch available in a low cost 3
mm 12-lead PQFN package. The MASWSS0070 is
ideally suited for applications where very small size
and low cost are required.
Typical applications are for WLAN IEEE 802.11a
and 802.11b/g PC cards and access points. Other
applications include cordless phones and base
stations. Designed for high power, this SPDT switch
maintains high linearity up to 6.0 GHz.
The MASWSS0070 is fabricated using a 0.5 micron
gate length GaAs PHEMT process. The process
features full passivation for performance and
Ordering Information 1
7 inch, 1000 piece reel
13 inch, 3000 piece reel
Sample Test Board
(Includes 5 Samples)
1. Reference Application Note M513 for reel size information.
GND RFC GND
GND GND GND
RF and DC Ground
2. The exposed pad centered on the package bottom must be
connected to RF and DC ground.
M/A-COM Inc. and its affiliates reserve the right to make changes to the
product(s) or information contained herein without notice. M/A-COM makes
no warranty, representation or guarantee regarding the suitability of its
products for any particular purpose, nor does M/A-COM assume any liability
whatsoever arising out of the use or application of any product(s) or
• North America Tel: 800.366.2266 / Fax: 978.366.2266
• Europe Tel: 44.1908.574.200 / Fax: 44.1908.574.300
• Asia/Pacific Tel: 81.44.844.8296 / Fax: 81.44.844.8298
Visit www.macom.com for additional data sheets and product information.