DAC80501, DAC70501, DAC60501
SBAS794B – NOVEMBER 2018 – REVISED AUGUST 2019
DACx0501 16-Bit, 14-Bit, and 12-Bit, 1-LSB INL, Voltage-Output DACs
With Precision Internal Reference
•1 16-bit performance: 1-LSB INL and DNL (max)
• Low glitch energy: 4 nV–s
• Wide power supply: 2.7 V to 5.5 V
• Buffered output range: 5 V, 2.5 V, or 1.25 V
• Very-low power: 1 mA at 5.5 V
• Integrated 5-ppm/˚C (max), 2.5-V precision
• Pin-selectable serial interface:
– 3-wire, SPI compatible up to 50-MHz
– 2-wire, I2C compatible
• Power-on-reset: Zero scale or midscale
• 1.62-V VIH with VDD = 5.5 V
• Temperature range: –40˚C to +125˚C
• Packages: Small 8-Pin WSON and 10-Pin VSSOP
• Oscilloscope (DSO)
• Semiconductor test
• Data acquisition (DAQ)
• LCD test
• Small cell base station
• Analog output module
• Process analytics (pH, gas, concentration, force
• DC power supply, ac source, electronic load
The 16-bit DAC80501, 14-bit DAC70501, and 12-bit
DAC60501 (DACx0501) digital-to-analog converters
(DACs) are highly accurate, low-power devices with
voltage-output. The DACx0501 are specified
monotonic by design, and offer linearity of < 1 LSB.
These devices include a 2.5-V, 5-ppm/˚C internal
reference, giving full-scale output voltage ranges of
1.25 V, 2.5 V, or 5 V. The DACx0501 incorporate a
power-on-reset circuit that makes sure the DAC
output powers up at zero scale or midscale, and
remains at that scale until a valid code is written to
the device. These devices consume a low current of
1 mA, and include a power-down feature that reduces
current consumption to typically 15 µA at 5 V.
The digital interface of the DACx0501 can be
configured to SPI or I2C mode using the SPI2C pin.
In SPI mode, the DACx0501 use a versatile 3-wire
serial interface that operates at clock rates of up to
50 MHz. In I2C mode, the DACx0501 operate in
standard (100 kbps), fast (400 kbps), and fast+
(1.0 Mbps) modes.
The DACx0501 are available in easy-to-assemble
10-pin VSSOP and small 2-mm × 2-mm, 8-pin WSON
packages. The devices are fully specified over the
industrial temperature range of –40°C to +125°C.
BODY SIZE (NOM)
2.00 mm × 2.00 mm
3.00 mm × 3.00 mm
(1) For all available packages, see the package option addendum
at the end of the data sheet.
(2) VSSOP package is preview.
SCLK or SCL
SDIN or SDA
SYNC or A0
Functional Block Diagram
Power On Reset
Power Down Logic
Offset Trimming With the DACx0501
An IMPORTANT NOTICE at the end of this data sheet addresses availability, warranty, changes, use in safety-critical applications,
intellectual property matters and other important disclaimers. PRODUCTION DATA.