SLLS772A – DECEMBER 2006 – REVISED OCTOBER 2009
EMC OPTIMIZED CAN TRANSCEIVER
Check for Samples :SN65HVD1050-EP
•2 Controlled Baseline
– One Assembly/Test Site, One Fabrication
• Enhanced Diminishing Manufacturing Sources
• Enhanced Product-Change Notification
• Qualification Pedigree (1)
• Improved Replacement for the TJA1050
• High Electromagnetic Immunity (EMI)
• Very Low Electromagnetic Emissions (EME)
• Meets or Exceeds the Requirements of
• Bus-Fault Protection of –27 V to 40 V
• Dominant Time-Out Function
The SN65HVD1050 meets or exceeds the
specifications of the ISO 11898 standard for use in
applications employing a controller area network
(CAN). The device is also qualified for use in
automotive applications in accordance with
• Thermal Shutdown Protection
• Power-Up/Down Glitch-Free Bus Inputs and
– High Input Impedance With Low VCC
– Monotonic Outputs During Power Cycling
• Industrial Automation
– DeviceNET™ Data Buses (Vendor ID #806)
• SAE J2284 High-Speed CAN for Automotive
• SAE J1939 Standard Data Bus Interface
• ISO 11783 Standard Data Bus Interface
• NMEA 2000 Standard Data Bus Interface
As a CAN transceiver, this device provides differential
transmit capability to the bus and differential receive
capability to a CAN controller at signaling rates up to
1 megabit per second (Mbps)(3).
Designed for operation in especially harsh
environments, the SN65HVD1050 features
cross-wire, overvoltage, and loss of ground protection
from –27 V to 40 V, overtemperature protection, a
–12-V to 12-V common-mode range, and withstands
voltage transients from –200 V to 200 V, according to
Pin 8 provides for two different modes of operation:
high-speed or silent mode. The high-speed mode of
operation is selected by connecting S (pin 8) to
(1) Component qualification in accordance with JEDEC and
industry standards to ensure reliable operation over an
extended temperature range. This includes, but is not limited
to, Highly Accelerated Stress Test (HAST) or biased 85/85,
(2) The device is available with Q100 qualification as the
temperature cycle, autoclave or unbiased HAST,
SN65HVD1050Q (Product Preview).
electromigration, bond intermetallic life, and mold compound
(3) The signaling rate of a line is the number of voltage
life. Such qualification testing should not be viewed as
transitions that are made, per second, expressed in the units
justifying use of this component beyond specified
bps (bits per second).
performance and environmental limits.
Please be aware that an important notice concerning availability, standard warranty, and use in critical applications of Texas
Instruments semiconductor products and disclaimers thereto appears at the end of this data sheet.
DeviceNET is a trademark of Open Devicenet Vendors Association, Inc.
PRODUCTION DATA information is current as of publication date.
Products conform to specifications per the terms of the Texas
Instruments standard warranty. Production processing does not
necessarily include testing of all parameters.
Copyright © 2006–2009, Texas Instruments Incorporated