Additional Testing and Screening
For Customers requiring product supplied as Known Good Die (KGD) or requiring specific die level
testing, please contact your local IR Sales.
Three shipping options are offered as standard.
• Un-sawn wafer
• Die in waffle pack
• Die on film
Tape and Reel is also available for some products. Please consult your local IR sales office or email http:/
/die.irf.com for additional information.
Please specify your required shipping option when requesting prices and ordering Die product. If not
specified, Un-sawn wafer will be assumed.
• Product must be handled only at ESD safe workstations. Standard ESD precautions and safe
work environments are as defined in MIL-HDBK-263.
• Product must be handled only in a class 10,000 or better-designated clean room environment.
• Singulated die are not to be handled with tweezers. A vacuum wand with a non-metallic ESD
protected tip should be used.
• Proper storage conditions are necessary to prevent product contamination and/or degradation
• Un-sawn wafers and singulated die can be stored for up to 12 months when in the original
sealed packaging at room temperature (45% +/- 15% RH controlled environment).
• Un-sawn wafers and singulated die that have been opened can be stored when returned to their
containers and placed in a Nitrogen purged cabinet, at room temperature (45% +/- 15% RH
• Note: To reduce the risk of contamination or degradation, it is recommended that product not
being used in the assembly process be returned to their original containers and resealed with a
vacuum seal process.
• Sawn wafers on a film frame are intended for immediate use and have a limited shelf life.
• Die in Surf Tape type carrier tape are intended for immediate use and have a limited shelf life.
This is primarily due to the nature of the adhesive tape used to hold the product in the carrier
tape cavity. This product can be stored for up to 30 days. This applies whether or not the
material has remained in its original sealed container.
For further information please contact your local IR Sales office or email your enquiry to
IR WORLD HEADQUARTERS: 233 Kansas St., El Segundo, California 90245, USA Tel: (310) 252-7105
TAC Fax: (310) 252-7903
Visit us at www.irf.com for sales contact information. 11/05